Our high school provides a rigorous and comprehensive education which prepares our students for college and life after college. We offer advanced classes in math and science, a wide-ranging curriculum in all core classes, and electives that meet the diverse interests of our student body. We strive to ensure our students achieve academic excellence and a strong spiritual foundation during their high school years.
• Competency exam in Spanish, math and English
• Transfer from a bilingual institution
• Conduct grade higher than 85
Admission Policy to the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IBDP) Application requirements for the IBDP at the Colegio Metodista
The applicant should complete each of the following:
1. Be officially enrolled in the 10th grade at the Colegio Metodista
2. Have an excellent disciplinary record as demonstrated through his/her conduct grades and administrative records
3. Fulfill the established requirements as listed in the evaluation guideline of the school
4. Never having repeated the same grade
5. Never having withdrawn from the education system
6. Understand the policies and the student profile of the DP at the Colegio Metodista
Documents needed to enroll in the IB Diploma Program
1. Student’s grades from 7th, 8th, 9th and first trimester of 10th grade
2. Essay on the reason why the student desires to enroll in the DP (to be completed at the Colegio)
3. Participation Certificates from extracurricular groups at the Colegio(MUN, Sports teams, small groups, etc.)
4. Faculty recommendations (The specific format will be determined by the Colegio.)
How to complete the admission process for the IBDP?
The process of admittance will include several phases designed to fully inform potential students and their families about the responsibilities, obligations and benefits of participating in the Diploma Program at the Colegio Metodista. The initial phase will begin in ninth grade with information sessions geared to prepare and guide students and their families in making a final decision regarding their participation in the program. The official admission process will take place once the student is in the tenth grade. In order to ensure fair and objective admittance, the following percentages will be used to determine eligibility for each applicant.